handlng credit cards

dennis nielsen

01 Aug, 2020 11:19 PM

is it possible to handle a credit card as a check with a split category? would save me a lot of hassle it looks like to me

your way you have to set up an account for the credit card--the credit card I have is Chase and is on auto pay so my bank pays the bill and it shows up on the bank statement the same as a check and comes through the bank and I set up a credit card category with sub categories as the split , however, i am not able to access the list of my categories as credit card sub categories or at least that is the way it looks to me

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 06 Aug, 2020 07:24 PM

Hello,

Yes, you can enter in a credit card payment in your checking account with as many splits as you want. However, I think most people would set up their credit card as a separate account and enter all of their transactions in that register. That usually is quicker, and keeps one's data more accurate in a few ways, like entering in the actual purchase dates for transactions (everything will just be under the one payment date in your proposed method). You also won't be able to download any transaction data into your credit card account unless it is setup as a separate account, meaning you'll always have to manually enter everything.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "i am not able to access the list of my categories as credit card sub categories." In general, there are not separate categories based on account, if that's what you mean. For example, you would want spending on groceries to always be in the same Groceries account, regardless of if you made the purchase from your credit card, debit card, cash, or any other source. Let me know if I'm not understanding what you mean.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac