Compile and eliminate items in Check # field

dtd

16 Aug, 2020 06:23 AM

Over 35 years, I have a few "check number" items (not the check numbers of course) that I "don't use" and would rather update to what I do use.

Is there some kind of report that will show those items across accounts? (i.e. I have a weird "q" somewhere across the years.)

Or is there a search way to find them?

Any help appreciated.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by dwg on 17 Aug, 2020 11:14 PM

My notes about importing from Quicken go over quite some pages now, I have done some extras on dealing with Exchange rates and the like however, I was interested to see how far you could go. Would I remember some months latter what I did, pretty unlikely, so I wrote it down as I stepped through it, the WORM principle.

While the export side is going to be software specific, as I looked at AceMoney when considering software and have a copy I went back and looked at is export capabilities. The import side of Moneydance is the same for all, the only difference is the one vs multiple QIF files scenarios.

The WORM principle is how I view documentation.

2. 32 Posted by dtd on 17 Aug, 2020 11:23 PM

My WORM was the vicissitudes thread itself. If I ever do go further, it's to take that learning experience, and coalesce it into something more manageable, I did some of that at the end of the thread itself, but have relegated it to "when I get around to it..." and we know how that works.

Back to the subject of the check# pop up itself (vs. documentation) - did you see my testing comment about max entries = 0 ?

And that leads to - ok, if I'm beta testing and find a bug - where do I report it?

3. 33 Posted by dwg on 18 Aug, 2020 01:53 AM

The Max entries parameter, as I understand it, is the max number of items to include from the register transactions, that is certainly the way I have taken it as it does not reduce the number of the permanent entries included.

In theory you should be able to report it in the forums, you can sign up to a Slack account if you want and report it there too.

The Beta slack is infinitekind-public.slack.com I believe.

4. 34 Posted by dtd on 18 Aug, 2020 08:19 PM

I don't see how to "get in" to this space - either it wants an infinitekind.com, or my address, but my address doesn't appear to have permissions.

5. 35 Posted by derekkent23 on 18 Aug, 2020 08:31 PM

I am not support, just a user.
    Hi dtd

Can be sure if this still works
    https://infinitekind.com/joinslack

Hope this helps

6. 36 Posted by dtd on 18 Aug, 2020 10:02 PM

Tried it...

This link is no longer active

If you have an email address ending in @infinitekind.com, you can join this workspace using that address. Otherwise, you’ll need to ask for a new link.

7. 37 Posted by dwg on 18 Aug, 2020 10:22 PM

This will probably need someone from Moneydance to help with,

8. 38 Posted by dtd on 18 Aug, 2020 10:52 PM

I hope someone from customer support responds, but I've seen a few instances where that never happens.

Given this is about trying to get to a stable 2020.1 release, maybe I have a better shot than others.

9. 39 Posted by dwg on 18 Aug, 2020 11:06 PM

I've put a pointer to your other discussion into the beta slack channel so there is at least a reference there.

10. 40 Posted by dtd on 19 Aug, 2020 12:09 AM

Thanks.

11. 41 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Aug, 2020 07:07 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi dtd

Had a discussion with Sean the Moneydance developer regarding his Slack site. He confirmed its meant to be open to new members. I sent him some screen shots showing that slack seemed to want an email ending in @infinitekind.com On investigation he found Slack had made some changes that created the problem. He has updated the response to using the link and it now looks like it accepts any valid email address. I did not check the process to its end as I did not want to set up a second account, but it looks like it should work.
    If you still want to join the Moneydance (infinitekind) Slack site have a go and let us know the result.
    https://infinitekind.com/joinslack

Hope this helps.

12. 42 Posted by dtd on 23 Aug, 2020 04:59 AM

I worked with Maddy/Sean and they sent me an invite, so I'm in.

Glad to see they fixed the "publicness" of the slack area (Sean mentioned this as we worked it out.)

Thanks for the message.

13. System closed this discussion on 22 Nov, 2020 05:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac