Import Not working

Harriet

21 Sep, 2020 09:36 PM

I have exported/downloaded my credit card transactions (3 times) and have tried to import the transactions into my MoneyDance credit card account. The transactions files are in my download folder but will not posti in the credit card account. I do this every month and can't figure out why it's not working.

Please Help. Thank You
Harriet

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 21 Sep, 2020 09:48 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The first thing I would do is to open the downloaded files in a text editor or word processor and check exactly what is in the files. I would be looking to ascertain if there is valid data in the files.

2. 2 Posted by Harriet Irwin on 22 Sep, 2020 05:16 PM

I did open the downloaded file and it appears to have the correct transaction data in it. I could see correct vendor names and amounts with a lot of other stuff.

Any help would be appreciated

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 22 Sep, 2020 05:29 PM

Hi Harriet,

Looking to the left side bar in Moneydance, is there a blue dot next to the balance of the credit card account?

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by Harriet Irwin on 22 Sep, 2020 06:36 PM

Yes, there is a blue dot next to the balance.

Thanks for your help

5. 5 Posted by -Kevin N. on 22 Sep, 2020 07:32 PM

Hi Harriet,

Yes, there is a blue dot next to the balance.

In that case, look to see if there is a banner across the bottom of the register for the credit card account with a message indicating that you have a certain number of unconfirmed transactions.

If there is indeed a banner there, you have 2 options.
    1) Drag the banner upwards with you cursor to reveal the unconfirmed transactions.
    2) Click the 'split register' icon in the upper, right-hand corner of the register (to the right of the 'New Transaction' button). Doing so will integrate the unconfirmed transactions into the register.

6. 6 Posted by Harriet Irwin on 22 Sep, 2020 07:49 PM

There is not a banner. All of my transactions are confirmed and the credit card account is balanced on a monthly basis. I notice there is one other credit card account with a blue dot also. All other accounts do not have a blue dot.

Thanks in advance for any further help

7. 7 Posted by -Kevin N. on 22 Sep, 2020 08:15 PM

Hi Harriet,

For the account(s) with the blue dot, try applying the 'Unconfirmed' filter. Filters reside along the top of the register.

Doing so should reveal the blue dot transactions. Apply the 'All' filter afterwards. (or one of the other filters as desired)

-

8. 8 Posted by Harriet Irwin on 22 Sep, 2020 08:56 PM

I found a few unconfirmed transactions and "confirmed" them. Now the blue dot by the account balance is gone. I again tried to "import" the transactions from the downloaded file of credit card transactions. Again nothing happened - the transactions did not import.

Any other suggestions?
    Thank You

9. 9 Posted by -Kevin N. on 22 Sep, 2020 11:20 PM

Hi Harriet,

What file format are you downloading and attempting to import? e.g. QIF, QFX, CSV.

I think at this point, it might be prudent to post a copy of the file to see if there are any apparent anomalies in it's contents or construction.

I'd like to try importing it into a test data file to see if I have any better results.

Keep in mind that these are public forums. Make sure that there is no sensitive information in the file before attaching it. e.g. account numbers

10. 10 Posted by Harriet Irwin on 23 Sep, 2020 04:54 PM

I decided the file is the problem. My other credit card statement became available today and I was able to download and import the transactions with no problems.

I'll just manually enter my transactions for this month.

Thanks for your help.

11. 11 Posted by -Kevin N. on 23 Sep, 2020 05:19 PM

Hi Harriet,

Ah, OK. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get to the bottom of it.

Thank you for reporting back with your results.

I guess we can just chalk it up to another anomaly in the world of 1's and 0's.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac