category "zzzz"

Mary W Coleman

27 Apr, 2009 04:04 PM

When importing my pc QIF file into moneydance (on my mac) i received certain category references which were named "zzzz". I compared my quicken category list and am not missing a category, to which Moneydance assigned an odd name zzzz. Do you know why I have these category names? Can I delete them in the category list and re-categorize transactions which may have been given this name?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 28 Apr, 2009 07:09 PM

Hi Mary

I searched through the forums and reported problems and have never heard of this happening to anybody else with Moneydance. I spoke with the primary writer of the software and they do not believe that Moneydance is creating these zzzz categories and that they are likely recorded that way in the file generated by quicken.

There is some mention of zzzz categories in the Quicken Community forum. Here is the link http://www.quickencommunity.com/webx/.efd32ab/4?13 The discussion there seems to indicate that this is a bug in Quicken.

Can you open your exported .qif file with a text editor and verify that the categories are indeed being exported as zzzz?

If you find out what the category is supposed to be (and if all the zzzz categories are supposed to be the same category) you can order by category name, select multiple transactions by holding down shift when you select, right click and select "Batch Change" to change them to what they should be in one swoop.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2009 07:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac