Transferring between different account sets?

Rich W

02 May, 2021 09:24 AM

I am two account sets .. one Is Personal, containing a number of bank and credit card accounts plus loans, investments and reminders. The second account set is called Business containing a number of bank and credit card accounts plus loans and reminders. They both reside on the same Mac and are synced to the same Dropbox.

I would like to be able to transfer money and set up transactions / reminders between the two account sets - is that possible and how?

I am aware I could have all accounts in one Account Set but that does make it more difficult so I just wanted to check.

Assuming it’s not could it be changed to a suggestion please by MD support?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 May, 2021 09:36 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Not possible. Datasets are independent....

(not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 02 May, 2021 09:41 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Each data set is totally independent of any other data set, they have no knowledge of any other data set or ability to pass data to another data set. Each is encrypted and they could well have different passwords. Drop box is used to transfer transactions between data sets that are in a syncing relationship, i.e. each data set in the relationship is independent but the aim is for each to have the same data.

To move funds between different data sets that contain different accounts you have to enter a transaction in one with the destination being a category in that data set. On the other side you need to enter the transaction drawing on a category in that data set. These would be manual entries in each.

3. 3 Posted by Rich W on 02 May, 2021 09:55 AM

Thanks both. It’s the answer I expected but just wanted to check

4. Rich W closed this discussion on 02 May, 2021 09:55 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac