Reporting with correct currency

mark

06 May, 2021 03:43 PM

Hi, I have been trying to do a report of all my expenditure broken down by exactly what I have spent it on over the years but am struggling.

As far as I can see there are two ways to see this, either a "Transaction Filter" report - but with this it reports the money in the currency used rather than the Sterling equivalent which is no use because that is obviously not accurate.

Or an "Income And Expenses Detailed" which will correctly bring through the Sterling figure but does not include the Tags field so it is not accuarate enough about what I have spent money on.

Can you please tell me which report I shou;ld use.

Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 06 May, 2021 03:55 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

If all else fails, and if you are on MD2021 then after installing MD2021.1 preview 3066, you can download and install my extract_data extension and this will allow you to extract to CSV to load into Excel..

https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/

(not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by mark on 06 May, 2021 04:48 PM

Thanks Stuart, that would be fine as that is where the data is heading ultimately.

I wasn't aware of MD2021, I'll look now as I am only on 2019.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 06 May, 2021 05:01 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Check your license version before you upgrade. You can also run extract_data as a script in Moneybot on 2019.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac