Download Checking Account for 1st Time

John White

17 May, 2021 11:50 PM

When I try to download and log in it tells me that my browser is out of date. When I go to my desktop and use the browser (Edge), it is fine. How do I update the browser moneydance uses?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 18 May, 2021 05:40 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The internal browser is a beta feature and is still being developed, there are many banks it does not work with at this time.

You should continue to use your system browser for the present.

From within Moneydance you can start the system browser in the following ways:

1. Clicking Online → Open Account Website will automatically open your system browser to the page you have pre-set.

2. Holding down the Ctrl key (Command key on a Mac) when clicking on the download button will open up your system browser.

2. 2 Posted by John White on 18 May, 2021 07:00 PM

Thank you! Both ways do allow me to open the system browser! But, there seems to be no link between that browser and Moneydance. I do not see how to download transactions.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 18 May, 2021 08:45 PM

There is not any direct link between the browser and Moneydance. The browser allows you to download the transaction file to you computer. You can use the Moneydance ' menu command File --> Import to load the file into Moneydance. or if you have file associations set double clicking on the file in the file browser application should do the same.

The purpose of the internal browser is to be able directly link to Moneydance as well as to be able to automate the task.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac