Syncing setup to Dropbox folder

Dave

20 Sep, 2021 02:29 AM

I moved Md to a new Win 10 computer a few weeks ago. Everything has been working fine so I'm trying to re-setup syncing to Dropbox for backup.
Running Win10
Md ver. 2020.2 (1929)
I am using default folder locations.

I completed the following steps:
Confirmed Md file sync was set to "don't sync" and closed Md.
Installed Dropbox app.
Deleted old version of Md folder from Dropbox and confirmed it was deleted in the online Dropbox account.
Confirmed an encryption password was set.
Started Md and tried to turn on syncing to Dropbox Folder and Md just "dings" and does not accept the setting.
There is no error message or other response, just an audible "ding".
Any suggestions?

1. 1 Posted by Dave on 20 Sep, 2021 02:32 AM

Further info: Only the Md. data folder was moved to the new computer. Everything else was fresh install.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Sep, 2021 06:54 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Dave

From memory there was a bug in Moneydance 2020 and 2021 up to build 2008. Any chance you are running one of these?
    Two solutions upgrade to 2021.2(3095) from https://infinitekind.com/preview you may need to purchase a new licence key at a 50%discount so check Upgrading at https://infinitekind.com/purchase
    Or follow this work around.
    When using 2020 or 2021 up to build 2008 part of setting up Moneydance Dropbox Folder, if there is not one already, Moneydance should create the folder “.moneydancesync” in Dropbox. It does not, this is the bug. You need to create the folder .moneydancesync manually in the Dropbox Folder. Now try syncing again.
    Syncing should not we used as a means for backing up Moneydance’s data set. You should use FILE – PREFERENCES – BACKUPS and set the separate backup folder to use Dropbox.

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by Dave on 21 Sep, 2021 01:57 AM

Derrek Kent,

Thank you, that solved the problem.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

25 Oct, 2021 12:52 PM
25 Oct, 2021 11:59 AM
25 Oct, 2021 11:37 AM