MD 2022

monty

12 Oct, 2021 10:03 PM

If the extensive download capability isn't needed, can a user upgrade to the 2022 version and run it w/o a subscription? Or does MD 2022 require a subscription to run? UPDATE: I see from other posts that 2022 will run w/o a subscription.

However, I also see it requires Big Sur? Is that correct?

Also, was anything updated for USAA?

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 12 Oct, 2021 10:24 PM

You can upgrade (you may have to pay for a half price upgrade depending on which version you paid for before) without a subscription. It's only if you need a more "extensive download capability" as you mention.

I'm not sure it REQUIRES Big Sur, (I'm running Big Sur), but MAC operating systems do break software so I'll leave it to someone else to answer.

Nothing was updated for USAA in the original OFX area, as MD was using the MD+ concept as their solution for USAA, and depending on Stuart's fix (my documentation) for the OFX, non MD+ solution.

That said, it appears that Schwab discontinued support on Oct 1 for the proxy server Sean set up as a fix late last year, and (it's too early to tell for sure) USAA discontinued support for non-Quicken users (i.e. us) on Oct 10, even with the USAA "fix".

So, maybe MD did the right thing creating MD+ vs fixing specific banks (like USAA) as OFX auto-download support seems to be dropping like flies. Unfortunately (for me), it probably means I will have to get the MD+ subscription at $2/month. Before Oct 1, with both Schwab and USAA working for me, I hadn't planned to do so.

Hope that helps.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 12 Oct, 2021 10:34 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Subscription is only required if you wish to use Moneydance+

Moneydance runs quite happily on Windows and Linux ... :) But in all seriousness I have no idea where the idea that Big Sur is the minimum macOS version comes from. With Big Sur you require Moneydance 2021 as a minimum so there is a dependency the other way round. Moneydance 2022 should run on all recent releases of macOS.

There are no specific changes for USAA, however based on responses from USAA management it does not look like they would be effective. USAA are indicating that their OFX Direct Connect system will go away and companies like Moneydance will not be allowed access to the replacement system, the message from them is use an aggregator and in the case of Moneydance that will be Moneydance+

3. 3 Posted by peter3 on 13 Oct, 2021 10:46 AM

I am running it pefectly on Mac OS 10.15.7, which is Catalina.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac