CSV Importer

ray reed

13 Oct, 2021 09:06 PM

I can't seem to get the CSV importer to do ANYTHING. I had hoped that this extension would be my work around since Schwab no longer let's MD access my account.

If I click on the dropdown arrows, nothing happens. If I click in the data entry files, nothing happens.

Is there an online manual for this extension?

Does anyone else have this problem?

~Ray

1. 1 Posted by ray reed on 13 Oct, 2021 09:21 PM

Test Importer does not seem to work on any Brokerage account, only Bank and Credit Card accounts.

Is this true?

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 13 Oct, 2021 09:39 PM

I'm a fellow user.

While consistently formatted CSV files can be imported into bank, credit card, asset, and liability type accounts it is not possible to import a CSV file into an Investment or Loan Account.

CSV files are just a table, hence it is possible to map this table into the columns and fields that are present in non-investment accounts. Investment accounts however are not a simple table. The data that is in a record in such accounts is driven by the contents of the action column, which in turn determines what fields are available, which are mandatory, which are optional etc. Certain fields in Investment accounts are only allowed to have certain values as well. The workings of investment accounts thus make them unsuitable for the sort of mapping that you can do with CSV files.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac