Split transaction does not work

Swami Jayasankar

18 Oct, 2021 02:45 AM

Hi, I have a transaction that I want to split into 2 categories. After I select the transaction and click 'Split' nothing happens. I keep hearing the ding sound which means probably that its not something the Moneydance is expecting. Also I cannot even shutdown the program, I have to hard kill it using Task Manager.
Can someone please explain why its happeining?
Thanks

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 18 Oct, 2021 02:51 AM

I'm a fellow user.

I suspect the Split Window is being displayed off screen. If this is the case there are a number of possible approaches.

Moneydance remembers the last screen position used, even if that screen is no longer connected it remembers the virtual position.

Three general approaches are available:

The first two approaches uses standard Windows methods to move a window onscreen.

1. The traditional approach to moving a window is as follows. Use the Key combination <Alt>-<spacebar> followed by the M key to get access to the resize and move options and to invoke the Move function then use the arrow keys to move the window back onto the visible screen.

2. Alternatively, if you're using Windows 7 or later, you can try holding down the <Windows> and <Shift> keys, then tap the <left-arrow> or <right-arrow> key, which should move the missing window onto your current monitor.

If all else fails you can try the third approach.

3. Rename the config.dict file that exists in the .Moneydance folder under your login directory. doing this removes all preferences including the remembered positions, it will be as if Moneydance has just been installed, so you need to open your Data Set as well as re-enter your license key.

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 18 Oct, 2021 06:25 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

... or option 4. If you are at least MD2021.1 then install Toolbox extension, advanced mode, reset window positions option....

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac