re install

Wenceslao

06 Dec, 2021 11:26 AM

i just purchase a new laptop and I'm traying to install money dance on it but i get an error saying that x64 cannot run on your pc
find an x86 or arm64 version of this app instead

can any one help please

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 06 Dec, 2021 02:18 PM

Hi Wenceslao,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Since your operating system is a 32 bit and the latest version of Moneydance can only be installed on 64bit systems. I would suggest downloading Moneydance 2021.1 (3069). This version includes the relevant installer for your system.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Wenceslao Medin... on 06 Dec, 2021 02:34 PM

Thanks for your replay

Unfraternally didn't work , ps. my system is a 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor with Windows 10 pro

Thank you

3. 3 Posted by tgilbert666 on 07 Dec, 2021 12:53 AM

A fellow user jumpng in...
    @Maddy - I think this user is really looking for an update on this thread where Sean says "soon". https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/suggestions-for-our-...

@Wenceslau, in the meantime, did you try the x86 version of Moneydance 2021.1 (3069) ??

"Didn't work" does not really offer any basis for troubleshooting by Support OR the healthy and involved user compulsory. Regards
    Tony

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 07 Dec, 2021 02:17 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The message implies you are trying to install an x64 kit on a 32 bit Windows OS or on an 64 bit arm Windows system like the Surface Pro X.

An install would be expected to fail in both cases as an x64 kit is not compatible with either system.

A 32 bit Moneydance install is compatible with both, however, since the move to Java 17 none of us have been able to get a 32 bit Moneydance Windows installation to work, so there is a problem there that has not yet been identified. Given this, Moneydance 2022.0 (which uses Java 15) or an earlier Windows 32 bit kit should work

5. System closed this discussion on 08 Mar, 2022 02:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac