Moneydance on iMac M1 with Monterey

Barry Birch

08 Dec, 2021 12:56 PM

I have Moneydance Version 2022 (4060) on my old iMac (which is dying). Can I install the existing version of Moneydance onto my new iMac M1 and is it compatible with the Monterey version of the OS

1. 1 Posted by Barry Birch on 08 Dec, 2021 01:05 PM

I have Moneydance Version 2022 (4060) on my old iMac (which is dying). Can I install the existing version of Moneydance onto my new iMac M1 and is it compatible with the Monterey version of the OS

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 08 Dec, 2021 01:33 PM

Hi Barry,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Firstly, for an optimal performance your operating system requires the latest preview version Moneydance 2022.3 (4063). This is available to download from this page.

Finally, in order to move your data file/s safely from a computer to the other, we would recommend following the steps outlined in this article of the Knowledge Base called Moving to a new computer.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 08 Dec, 2021 08:13 PM

Just to clarify, the Intel version of Moneydance will run on the M1 chipset using Rosetta, reports are that the performance is quite good.

A native version of Moneydance has been compiled but there have been mixed reports about this version so far.

4. System closed this discussion on 09 Mar, 2022 08:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac