need help creating reports

howard green

14 Jan, 2022 02:43 PM

i came to Moneydance after using Quicken for Mac for years. it was the easiest program in the world to use and making reports was s breeze. but this program is just the opposite. I struggle to make the simplest things. I cannot figure out how to see an expense report for a month or a week. I desperately need help. Is there anyway i can get someone to help me, using Zoom, perhaps. ??? if you are good with this program and use a macbook, can we connect somehow? Howardg

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 14 Jan, 2022 06:51 PM

just a user,

MD reports are simple to use, it's probably just what you are used to. MD is not a Quicken clone.

Here are steps to do a basic Expense Report.
    1. Click Tools, Graphs and Reports
    2. Now Select the "Income and Expenses" report located below the "Cost Basis" report,
    3. Now click "Reset" in the bottom left to clear any settings you may have used previously.
    4. Now set the "Date" of the report. You'll see "Year to Date", "Last Year", "Last Month", among others, plus you can select "Custom Dates" at the bottom and set your own date range.
    5. Now choose your "Source Accounts" Click select, Remove all, then select the account or accounts you want the report to reflect.
    6. Now choose "Group By" settings, either no grouping, or by month, quarter, etc.
    7. The default settings when you reset the report chooses all expense and income categories.
    8. Now Generate the report.
    That's it.

Now if you only want certain categories, you can click the "By Individual" tab and deselect/select as desired.

2. 2 Posted by Howard Green on 15 Jan, 2022 01:35 PM

thank you

3. Ethan closed this discussion on 15 Jan, 2022 05:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac