colapsing a catageory in a report

Reg

27 Jan, 2022 02:39 PM

When i print an Income and Expense Report (detailed) i sometimes don't want ALL the items under a particular category. For example, When doing my taxes i print out a detailed report but i don't need to see every detail of my "Grocery" category - all i need is the total for that category. I found how to omit a category but then the report does not show it at all. How can i shrink that category to just a total. I used to do this in Quicken years ago and they had a check box (right in the report) so all you had to do was click on that box and the details would disappear and only the total remained. How can i accomplish this with Moneydance?

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 27 Jan, 2022 03:15 PM

just a user,

Have you tried the regular "Income and Expense" report? Not the "Detailed" one.

2. 2 Posted by Tempelmeyer, Re... on 27 Jan, 2022 06:42 PM

Tanks for the reply.
    Yes, I have. That gives me the same problem only worse. I want a combination of collapsed and expanded details. Quicken made that very easy to do. Most categories I need detail but a few others I don’t.

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 27 Jan, 2022 06:50 PM

Hi Reg,

I think the only option to attain the mixed results that you are looking for is to copy the contents of the report to a spreadsheet and edit the results as desired.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by Tempelmeyer, Re... on 28 Jan, 2022 10:37 PM

Thanks – that is what I have been doing, but with reports running 30 pages it takes a while to do that . I was hoping Moneydance had followed “Quicken’s” lead and added that feature by now. That feature was in Quicken for many years. It seems that it would not take much programming effort to make that work.

5. System closed this discussion on 29 Apr, 2022 10:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac