Upgrading to new version

Paul Seguin

16 Aug, 2022 09:40 PM

Hello, I have downloaded the latest version of MoneyDance. What do I do next to complete the upgrade? Simply run the executable file? Or do something within the older version of the program?
Thanks, Paul

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 16 Aug, 2022 10:43 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Yes you run the file and install it.

On windows it will give the option of upgrading the existing installation, using a package manager on Linux it will perform an upgrade, a shell install on Linux you typically install to the same location, on a Mac you may need to move the old version to the trash.

2. 2 Posted by Paul Seguin on 18 Aug, 2022 09:04 PM

On 8/16/2022 6:43 PM, dwg wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 }blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

// Thanks much, DWG, once I found where the Moneydance files are stored so I could save a backup, I ran the install program as you said and all went well. Yours, Paul
    ==================================================

I'm a fellow user.

Yes you run the file and install it.

On windows it will give the option of upgrading the existing installation, using a package manager on Linux it will perform an upgrade, a shell install on Linux you typically install to the same location, on a Mac you may need to move the old version to the trash.

On Tue, Aug 16 at 02:40 PM PDT, Paul Seguin wrote:

Hello, I have downloaded the latest version of MoneyDance. What do I do next to complete the upgrade? Simply run the executable file? Or do something within the older version of the program?
    Thanks, Paul

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Upgrading to new version.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

3. Maddy closed this discussion on 19 Aug, 2022 12:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac