Rename Moneydance file

donaldspero

02 Oct, 2022 05:44 PM

Using Linux version and want to rename my primary Moneydance file. Your knowledgebase (https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/file-locations-and-changes/renaming-files), I assume would apply to the Linux version. However, when I navigate to Help - Show documents folder, no pop-up happens. The same happens when selecting Show backup folder. How do I solve this issue?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 Oct, 2022 06:19 PM

With that primary dataset open in MD. Install toolbox extension. Enable update mode. General tools. Rename dataset.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 03 Oct, 2022 01:21 AM

Hello,

The above suggestion should work. To elaborate on the issue, the options in the Help menu will only take you to the default location for files. If you don't see your data file in those folders, you must have moved them to a custom location at some point. The instructions at the link you gave are still correct, you'd just need to find where your data file is located and change the name of the file from there.

Even if the previous comment's instructions allow you to rename your file, I urge you to be aware of where you have chosen to save your data, as that can prevent things like accidentally deleting your data file, failing to move it when moving to a new system, etc.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 03 Oct, 2022 06:06 AM

To add.. Toolbox, top right, open md folder, will show you your dataset folder.

4. 4 Posted by donaldspero on 03 Oct, 2022 09:09 PM

Followed Stuart's procedure. All appears okay.

5. donaldspero closed this discussion on 03 Oct, 2022 09:09 PM.

6. Stuart Beesley (Mr Toolbox) re-opened this discussion on 04 Oct, 2022 05:30 AM

7. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 04 Oct, 2022 05:30 AM

Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃

8. Maddy closed this discussion on 04 Oct, 2022 01:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac