Summary Page and Banner showing different Net Worth

Tyler

24 Nov, 2022 05:33 PM

Dear Team,
For some reason the Net Worth value in my Summary page is not matching to the Net Worth value in the Status bar at the top of the page.
I've tried all I know to do. Please help!
Thanks in advance!
Tyler Stephens

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 24 Nov, 2022 05:41 PM

Moneydance predefines rules to include/exclude Accounts in the Home Summary Page NetWorthView widget, & also the Titlebar NW instant graph
    - If the Account or Parent is Inactive, then it's excluded - ROOT and Income/Expense Categories are excluded - Then it checks for a hidden Account setting >> You can set this in Toolbox Update Mode - You cannot force include an account into these, you can only force exclude accounts....

Other NetWorth rules for information:
    - NW Reports / Graphs are based on transactions up to the date you specify; uses Price history data for balance valuations - The Top title bar NW Graph's cutoff date can be changed: 'All Dates' includes future Balances; uses Price history data for balance valuations - The Home Screen View NW widget total ALWAYS uses Current Balance(s) - so future balances are excluded; uses Current Price

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 24 Nov, 2022 05:43 PM

So, check....
    - Price history, last dated price and current price need to be the same - Top title bar date option (e.g. all dates) - Do you have future dated txns?

3. 3 Posted by Tyler Stephens on 28 Nov, 2022 07:18 PM

Hello Support.... I have verified that there are NO future TXNs on any
    accounts, and that all accounts are pointing to the same Parent account.
    What else can cause this strange discrepancy?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac