tag:infinitekind.tenderapp.com,2009-01-14:/discussions/general-questions/12972-is-moneydance-for-me Infinite Kind: Discussion 2018-10-18T14:01:40Z tag:infinitekind.tenderapp.com,2009-01-14:Comment/27651268 2013-07-06T16:07:51Z 2013-07-06T16:07:54Z Is Moneydance for me? <div><p>Dear friends:</p> <p>I&rsquo;m looking for a consumer finance/budgeting program that will just do some basic things.</p> <p>But I&rsquo;ve explored iBank, Mint.com and Quicken Essentials. None of them seems to be able to do that. I have read the manuals and used the help menus.</p> <p>Have I missed something in Quicken?</p> <p>I want to create a budget that will:</p> <ol> <li> <p>Allow me to budget categories month by month for a year, with different amounts each month. Example: Food: $400 for January, $300 for February, $800 for March, etc.<br> (I&rsquo;ve yet to find one that can do it monthly for a year.)</p> </li> <li> <p>Allow me to easily input repeating amounts (enter monthly salary once and have it repeated for every month, for example.)<br> (Most seem to do this.)</p> </li> <li> <p>Allow me to compare actual spending to budget each month, and actual spending to budget year to date. (It would be nice if I could compare over any period, such as quarterly , semiannually or over two months, but that&rsquo;s not as important.)<br> (I haven&rsquo;t found anything that does not outside the current month, and not year to date.)</p> </li> <li> <p>Allow me to download and automatically classify transactions from banks and credit card companies.<br> (Everyone seems to have that.)</p> </li> <li> <p>Allow me to easily add my own income and spending categories and subcategories.<br> (All do to varying degrees of difficulty.)</p> </li> </ol> <p>I don&rsquo;t think there&rsquo;s anything there that&rsquo;s too much to ask.</p> <h2><a class="anchor" name="" href="#"></a></h2> <p>Managing investments and assets are much, much less important to me as is setting retirement and other goals. I just want something to keep track of spending.</p> <p>Carl Schierhorn<br> Kent, Ohio</p></div> Carl Schierhorn tag:infinitekind.tenderapp.com,2009-01-14:Comment/27651268 2013-07-06T16:19:02Z 2013-07-06T16:19:02Z Is Moneydance for me? <div><p>Hi Carl,</p> <p>I replied to your other post.<br> <a href= "http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/questions/12968-is-moneydance-for-me#comment_27651372"> http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/questions/12968-is-moneyda...</a></p> <p>-Kevin N.</p></div> -Kevin N.