getting out from under behind

Eric Weir

10 Feb, 2024 09:39 AM

i am ridiculously behind in reconciling my accounts. Like almost a year. Trying to catch up a month at a time is not appealing.

I have prided myself on tracking every penny and keeping my accounts balanced. In the past the errors I have encountered have been my own. I don't think I have ever encountered and error on the part of my bank or lenders.

I would appreciate thoughts for likely a quick-and-dirty way of doing it quickly and alll at once. i imagine marking all transactions as cleared. writing off whatever amount is not accounted for. And adjusting the balance to the correct balance.

Thanks in advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 11 Feb, 2024 02:13 AM

Hello,

Just to make sure I understand your question, you want to mark all of your older transactions as cleared, and then enter in a transaction to balance in your accounts if needed? If so, yes, this is possible, in exactly the way you described. I'm not quite sure what you are asking beyond that, so please let me know if you are having trouble with doing that, and with what part specifically.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Eric Weir on 11 Feb, 2024 02:42 PM

Thanks Ethan.

regarding "entering a transaction to balance (my) accounts," i'm wonder about the "adjust account balance" command. is that what it does, what it's for?

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 11 Feb, 2024 03:56 PM

This feature places an amount in a field in the account information screen which is then used to calculate the balance of the account. It is added from day one of the account being created.

4. 4 Posted by Eric Weir on 11 Feb, 2024 07:12 PM

should I take this can be used to make adjustments to the current balance?

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 11 Feb, 2024 09:33 PM

As it is used in all calculations, it works like an initial balance hence why I said it is included from day 1 of the account it will also change the current balance. It is not an adjustment that will be shown as a specific point in time, if you want that you need to take a different approach,

6. 6 Posted by tonyt on 12 Feb, 2024 12:05 PM

I just created a category called 'Reconciliation adjustment' and entered an amount on my chosen date.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Apr, 2024 11:54 AM
16 Apr, 2024 11:16 AM
16 Apr, 2024 09:15 AM