Restore secondary machine backup MD 2017

tonyt

07 Mar, 2018 04:56 PM

Hi
I am using Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102) and MD2017.6 (1656).
As re the above subject, if calamity struck and all Primary machine backups were unavailable, is there ANY way to restore a data file from a backup made on a secondary PC? If so, how please?
Thanks...

1. 1 Posted by tonyt on 08 Mar, 2018 07:46 AM

Hi
    Can anyone hepl. this is urgent as I need the info to change the way I use MD and cant proceed without it. Thanks
    Mods?

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 08 Mar, 2018 10:09 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

A data set or a data set restored from a backup of a second computer is not the same as the data set from a primary computer. You can’t change the sync method.

Support have provided a method to convert a data set of a second computer to that of a data set for a primary computer.

I've attached a file called "md2017_convert_secondary_to_master.py"

If you need to use this file at any time backup your Moneydance data set, FILE – EXPORT BACKUP, just in case something goes wrong.

To use the .py file, first save it to your computer, somewhere you can easily access it like your downloads folder or your desktop. Then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, select Window --> Python Scripting.
    2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
    3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.
    4. Wait a few moments until you see a message on screen, confirming the script has run successfully.

Once completed, navigate back to File --> Syncing, and you should now be able to select the required sync method.

Hope this helps

3. System closed this discussion on 07 Jun, 2018 10:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

25 Jun, 2019 11:55 AM
25 Jun, 2019 10:51 AM
25 Jun, 2019 09:41 AM