Is stock download working at all in MD 2019?

Jeff

08 Jan, 2019 04:33 PM

I realize that the stock download extension has been funky for a while due to the rate limiters by the stock data providers. However, it was working until I upgraded to MD 2019. MD 2017 would download the data slowly (one stock every few minutes I guess), which suffices.

However, with MD 2019, nothing appears to updated no matter how long I leave MD running. Is this affecting others?

MD devs: can we please fix this?

Thanks,
Jeff

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 08 Jan, 2019 07:24 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Hi Jeff

The free third-party Quote Loader for 2019 is working. Last test was with 2019.0(1839).

See Post 15 at http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/4039-quote-loa...

Download the PDF attached to post 15. In the PDF is a link to a YouTube video to get a overview of the Quote Loader.

If you have any questions or problems just post.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 08 Jan, 2019 07:29 PM

I'm a fellow user,

Jeff without knowing the versions and builds of MD and the Q & ER extension it is difficult to help, Some versions of MD2019 did have problems downloading quotes some have not

MD2019 is still beta software so problems have to be expected.

3. 3 Posted by Jeff on 08 Jan, 2019 07:33 PM

dwg: I'm on 2019.0 (build 1839)

derek: Thanks but no thanks. You did not answer my questions. I'm aware of the external loader, but do not like the extra step of manually loading every time. I rather use the main extension, even if it takes more wait-time (I just leave MD running).

, but have no interest in it. I want the primary extension to work, even if it's as slow as it worked before, I expect it to work.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 08 Jan, 2019 07:37 PM

I know it worked on 1838, 1839 is still downloading here.

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 08 Jan, 2019 07:47 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Hi Jeff

Your decision.
    But for information in the Quote Loader there are no more manual steps than there are in the Q & ER, perhaps you are thinking of the old hleofxquotes program.

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 08 Jan, 2019 08:35 PM

I just ran through an update at a speeding snail pace ...

Q& ER 1024 ran without error I note that the data for the 7 & 8 Jan is identical, This appears to be a MD issue as a direct inquiry to AV only had data up to the 7 Jan.

AV seems to be at least 24 hours behind on Australian share prices. For a company wanting to make money on selling data access they seem to be pretty poor at providing data - The ASX makes the data freely available with a 20 min delay.

7. 7 Posted by Jeff on 08 Jan, 2019 09:35 PM

Thanks dwk. At some point today it started working so I guess it was there may have been something wrong yesterday.

8. System closed this discussion on 09 Apr, 2019 09:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac