Payee listing ???

lee_k_brown

13 Jan, 2019 06:54 PM

Hi Guys;

I’m trialling Moneydance... All looking good to replace MS MyMoney... but... one question...

How can I see a list of my Payees?

MyMoney starts to auto-list Payee names as soon as I start typing a name, narrowing down as I type. That ensures I don’t make spelling errors to create multiple versions of the same Payee and/or if I do, then at least I’m consistently wrong 廊.

Also I can bring up a Payee and see all transactions for that Payee; how can I do that in Moneydance?

Many thanks in advance...

Cheers...

1. 1 Posted by iandarkwater on 15 Jan, 2019 02:58 PM

Hi Lee
    I'm a user......
    I believe that MD populates the payee auto-complete 'on the fly' from previous payees in the register so there is no list to view.
    If you put a payee into the search box, top right, the current register will be filtered for that payee as you type.
    If you do it from the Summary view all the registers will be included in the filter.
    I hope that this is helpful.
    Regards
    Ian

2. 2 Posted by lee_k_brown on 15 Jan, 2019 03:08 PM

Hello Ian;

Many thanks for your help; much appreciated...

I think I can find a work-around for what I want MD to do, but it sure would be nice to have the Payee list created and accessible as per the Category listing for example; that would make life much easier...

As I've been searching the forum base deeper, I see my question is actually often asked... surprised MD haven't taken it up as a suggestion!

But I'll probably still commit anyway!

Thanks again...

Cheers;

Lee

3. System closed this discussion on 16 Apr, 2019 03:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac