Moneydance 2019

Rob Roberts

25 Mar, 2019 09:28 PM

Does Moneydance 2019 require a clean install and import data from my earlier version or can i install it with Moneydance V2017.2(1597) already installed. Please advise I do not wish to loose or corrupt my existing Data.

1. 1 Posted by TonyRI on 25 Mar, 2019 10:05 PM

You should always keep/export a backup as a matter of good practice, before updating.

It doesn't require a clean install.. It will detect that you already have MD installed and ask if you want to update the current installation, or install into a new directory.

Regards,

Tony (Just another Moneydance customer, like you)

2. 2 Posted by Blueyonder on 26 Mar, 2019 07:27 AM

Thanks Tony,
    I would have done the backup anyway, but I didn’t know if it wold install over a current installation as 2019 version is supposed to be a whole new rewrite.

Thank you very much.

Rob.

3. 3 Posted by TonyRI on 26 Mar, 2019 11:07 AM

You're very welcome. I remembered that I had the exact same question 2 years ago, when I went from 2015 to 2017 . I'm glad that I looked it up, because I was not aware of the difference between Windows and Mac concerning the question. I'm a Windows 10 user.

http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/general-questions/26591-sh...

Tony

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac