Themes

Greg

29 Jun, 2019 08:19 AM

I have just installed the latest version as a fresh install onto my laptop, registered it, but I cannot get rid of the dark mode. In fact, none of the theme options in Preferences seem to make any difference. (I have pressed OK !!)

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 29 Jun, 2019 08:42 AM

I'm a fellow user.

As a starting point I would try renaming the file custom_theme.properties that would normally be in your .moneydance directory if it exists and see if the problem is resolved.

If that doesn't work I would then try renaming the file config.dict that is in the same folder and test that - after doing this Moneydance will open as if it is a new install.

Of course you do the above while Moneydance is closed.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jun, 2019 11:10 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Just to add any change of theme does not take effect until you close and re-open Moneydance.

Hope this helps

3. 3 Posted by greg on 29 Jun, 2019 12:07 PM

Thanks for your advice Derek. I’m running this on MacBook and am struggling to find the appropriate folders, I will give it another go when I have a bit more time.

Greg.

4. 4 Posted by rinaldij on 02 Aug, 2019 01:25 PM

Same problem here with 2019.4 (1887) and Java: 12.0.2. Slackware Linux. Note: Colors will change in the theme customization widget but get lost at restart.

5. 5 Posted by rinaldij on 02 Aug, 2019 04:33 PM

Note: I just checked this on my wife's Windows 10 machine. Same problem.

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Aug, 2019 05:52 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Windows 10 Moneydance 2019.4(1887).
    As a test I change my custom theme to Dark Mode and restarted MD, theme changed to Dark Mode. Change theme to High Contrast, restarted MD, theme change to High Contrast. Change theme back to Custom and restarted MD, theme change to my Custom theme. No issues.
    Did you follow dwg advise

Hope this helps.

7. 7 Posted by rinaldij on 10 Sep, 2019 05:54 PM

A follow up. This has been on the back burner since it is just a minor annoyance, but renaming the config and custom_theme files does not work. Interestingly the custom color I use for background (#00FFCC) is entered in custom_theme.properties but is either not read or ignored at startup.

8. System closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2019 06:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac