Account transfer.

Barbara

12 Jul, 2019 03:13 AM

I want to transfer a bank account from one base account to another. Can this be done other than by deleting the bank account and re-entering the information in the new base account?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 12 Jul, 2019 06:20 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The only other way of doing this is to export the transactions into a QIF file and import this QIF file into the other data set, afterwards deleting the data from the source data set (file)

BUT

If there are transfers between the account you are moving with any other account within the data set before to commence you need to change each transfer to be a deposit in one account and a withdrawal in the other because each data set is self contained and you cannot have transfers between accounts in different data sets.

2. 2 Posted by Barbara Olinder on 12 Jul, 2019 06:25 AM

Thank you. I think the quickest way for me is to delete the account and re-enter the information in a new account. I have only got a few transactions.

Barbara Olinder
    2/40 Evergood Close
    Weston ACT 2611

0407 050127
    Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac