updates/upgrades

Lenon Hiraman

31 Jul, 2019 02:59 PM

Hi I am currently reviewing your product as an alternative to quicken. How often are upgrades and updates done? Additionality are upgrades free? If not, how often is it required to upgrade?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 31 Jul, 2019 04:31 PM

Hi Lenon,

Major upgrades usually occur every two years or so. There's no set arrangement for the frequency of upgrades.

Minor updates occur throughout the life-cycle of the current version. These are, of course, free.

When you purchase a license through the Moneydance website you are entitled to the next major upgrade for free. It is my understanding that you will NOT receive the same offer when purchasing through the Apple Store. The Apple Store version is also slightly crippled due to Apple's sandboxing requirements.

Upgrades are not forced. You can use the current version for as long as you like. I continue to use MD 2011 for example.

If I may make a suggestion, download the trial-version of Moneydance to see if it suits your needs. You can d/l it here:
    https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac