Get Moneydance on New Computer

dave blanchard

07 Aug, 2019 07:37 PM

How can I transfer my Moneydance account from my old PC to my new PC?
I have my old Moneydance files backed up on disk?
Dave

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 08 Aug, 2019 07:13 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

You do not state which version of Moneydance you are running. E.g. 2019.4(188) so I am going to assume it’s a recent version.

2019 can be downloaded from https://infinitekind.com/preview
    2017 from https://infinitekind.com/download_2017

Make sure both computers are running the same version and build. Update your old computer to the latest build if required.

To copy your data set to a new computer, proceed as follows.
    On your existing computer click on HELP – SHOW DOCUMENT FOLDER. This will open a file explorer in the default data set location.
    Close Moneydance. Your data set is a folder not a file containing other files and folder. I think it’s called a bundle on a Mac. The naming convention for the data set is yourdatasetname.moneydance. Copy this folder.
    Open Moneydance on your new computer. Assuming this is the first time you have opened it; it should open in the welcome window Click “Account a new account set” and set up a dummy account so you can then click HELP – SHOW DOCUMENT FOLDER. This will open a file explorer in the default data set location. Close Moneydance. Paste your data set is to this location.
    Open Moneydance then FILE - OPEN (MONEYDANCE – OPEN on Mac), your data set should be listed.

Use the same key to register Moneydance.

To ensure auto backup is working under PREFERENCES – BACKUPS. From time to time check new backups are being created.

Hope this helps.

2. System closed this discussion on 07 Nov, 2019 07:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac