Archive file

Andrew Cummings

22 Aug, 2019 04:46 PM

I am soon moving to a new iMac and rather than use my entire Moneydance file I would like to archive off those items prior to 2019. How do I do this? I would rather have a definitive method than play around and lose things.
Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Aug, 2019 06:48 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Long, long ago in earlier version of Moneydance there was a feature to archive data. This created more problem than it solved, so it was killed off by the developer.

in 2019 version transaction are recorded as if in a journal. Some people by deleting data such as transaction hoped to reduce the data set size but the delete of transactions is recorded and your data set simply gets larger.

The only safe way is to start a new data set and keep the old data set so you can open it any time you need to.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Andrew Cummings on 24 Aug, 2019 04:46 AM

Thank you! Helps a lot. I knew I had seen an archive function is the distant past and it was driving me crazy that I couldn't find it now.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 24 Aug, 2019 06:40 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac