Reconcile Loan

MAC

25 Sep, 2019 10:48 PM

I thought i was getting the hang of things but i have another question. I have 4 loans but i cant seem to reconcile them. when i click on the reconcile nothing happens. i can reconcile my bank and credit card accounts but not my loan, am i doing something wrong or is it not possible at this time?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 26 Sep, 2019 11:20 AM

Hi,

Currently, it's not possible to reconcile a loan account. When you highlight the loan account and choose the Account menu, the Reconcile option will be greyed out and un-selectable.

I have spoken with our lead developer for clarification as to why this is not possible, and I am happy to report that he has confirmed we will be adding this feature to the program.

I have attached the relevant suggestion ticket to this discussion so you'll be notified of any updates, and we'll let you know when this feature has been implemented.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by MAC on 27 Sep, 2019 01:19 AM

Ok Thank you, But in the meantime would a workaround be to make it a creditcard account instead of a loan that way I would be able to reconcile it?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 27 Sep, 2019 12:42 PM

Hi,

As a workaround, you could create a new account called 'Temp Loan' or something similar, and set for the loan payments to be sent here instead.

I'd recommend taking a manual backup of your data file via File --> Export Backup, so you can restore your data if you encounter any problems or make a mistake.

To make this change, navigate to the account you make the loan payments from.
    You can search for any transactions to the loan account using the search box at the top right of the account register.
    If just the payments to the loan account are visible, highlight a transaction and press the keys Ctrl and A to highlight all transactions. Alternatively, you can use the Ctrl key or the Shift key to highlight multiple transactions.
    Once the transactions are highlighted, 'right click' or press Ctrl and click to view the context menu. Choose Batch Change --> Category, and specify the 'Temp Loan' account.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 27 Dec, 2019 12:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac