Moneydance data file locations

Ray Line

11 Oct, 2019 06:36 PM

Where can I move my Moneydance data files? I know that I can move it to Dropbox, but what about iCloud? Leaving the data file on my computer causes my "Reminder" transactions not to post until I open the file on my computer. So, when I'm traveling using my iPhone & iPad for transactions everything posts but I m always missing the "Reminders" transactions until I reach home and open Moneydance on my desktop. So, what is the best solution.?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 Oct, 2019 07:23 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

If you are running Moneydance 2017 or 2019 YOU MUST NOT move your data set to any type of cloud server.
    If you do you risk your data set becoming corrupted due to they way Moneydance save/reads a large number of small transaction files.

The only thing I can suggest is before you travel, any transactions you want to enter, right click on them in the reminder calendar and select “Record next occurrence”.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Ray and Pearly ... on 11 Oct, 2019 07:27 PM

Thank you derekkent23. I am sure that will work for me I’m sure.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 Oct, 2019 07:29 PM

Another thought.

You could increase the “auto-commit” days so transactions reminders are entered before you travel and cover the period you are away.

Hope this helps.

4. 4 Posted by Ray and Pearly ... on 11 Oct, 2019 07:31 PM

Excellent suggestion Derekkent23. That’s an even better solution. Thank you.

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 Oct, 2019 07:37 PM

Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac