online bill payment

tom

20 Oct, 2019 04:30 PM

I am new to moneydance - is there a way to confirm that an online bill payment entry was successfully transmitted to my bank?

I entered a payment and it showed up on my register with a yellow background and an orange bar on the left hand side of the date box

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 21 Oct, 2019 08:03 AM

Hi Tom,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

The status "will process" or "processed" would indicate that the transaction is on the bank's server.
    Under normal circumstances your payment date has to be at least 7 days in the future. Checking the option "Observe Online Payment Date Restrictions" option in preferences, allows you to submit a transaction with a date less than 7 days into the future.

For further details, please refer to this article in the Knowledge Base.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Thomas caldwell on 24 Oct, 2019 01:35 AM

How do I check the status?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 24 Oct, 2019 09:02 AM

Hi Tom,

The payment will show up as "will process" or "processed" in the Online Bill Payment outbox once you have done it. To find the "Outbox" select "Online/Online Bill Payment" you should see a pop-up window titled "Online Bill Payment" this window will have "Outbox".

Please note that it may take a number of days for the payment to be processed and sent to the Payee, and some banks require that you set the “Due Date” of your online bill payment request a specific number of days in the future.

You can set your Moneydance Preferences to automatically detect and Observe Online Payment Date Ranges within File --> Preferences.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

--

4. 4 Posted by Thomas caldwell on 25 Oct, 2019 12:45 AM

thank you!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 25 Oct, 2019 08:26 AM

You are welcome,Thomas! I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--

6. Maddy closed this discussion on 25 Oct, 2019 08:26 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac