Questions before I purchase.

Pat

10 Nov, 2019 05:05 PM

1) Is this a one-time purchase of $49? Do I have to buy 2 licenses if I want to have Windows and iOS for my ipad and iphone. Would the 2 programs on 2 different OS sync between each other?
2) Is there a way to try the full version for like a month to make an educated decision on whether this program will do everything I need it to do? It looks like I have to purchase in order to do the 2 week trial and that doesn’t have all the functionality of the full version. This doesn’t make sense since if we need to try all the functionality of the program to make an educated decision.
2) I am wondering if your program can do something that I need to do. I divide my budget into categories and sub-categories but also I want to do an envelope system (which I see you have) but I want to show which account the money goes to. I don’t know if I am explaining this well. I have a spreadsheet for my budget. On the left are my categories and sub-categories. Then the columns on the right are checking, credit card, savings, cash. So each month the money is put into one of those categories and then when I pay for something it comes out of that account. I have a checking account that pays me up to 5.9% interest for my balance up to $10,000. With that I have to spend at least $1,000 on my bank’s credit credit card. So I need to budget some of my bills and expenses on my credit card to come up to $1,000. I also need to really put my savings in my checking account instead of my savings account because of the interest I get thru my checking. But I want the money so show in the budget as savings where I don’t use that money that is set aside for months or a year when a payment would be due or to keep in there to save for future needs like a car. I’m sorry this is so long and probably as clear as mud. I am looking for a finance program like yours and that will meet my needs. Thanks for listening.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 10 Nov, 2019 07:26 PM

I'm a fellow user.

These are my opinions on your questions.

1. The purchase is a one time cost and provides for an unlimited use on any number of computers for the current version and the next major release, upgrades past this are at a 50% discount. Moneydance syncs between all instance on all supported Operating systems. The Mobile apps (Android and IOS) are helper applications designed for mobile data capture.

2. There is no time limit on the trial, I do not know where this idea is coming from. The trial limit is 100 manually entered transactions with an unlimited number of imported transactions. In trial mode all functionality is active.

3. I can only offer limited comments on budgeting since I do not use it. Budgeting is designed around spending money not in the source it is coming from.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac