Transfer funds among base accounts?

Laurie Richards

10 Nov, 2019 07:36 PM

I have set up two separate 'base' accounts - one for personal accounts and a separate one for my business. How can I transfer funds between the two? I'm not seeing any options in the Category to select from a different base account. Trying to come up with a workaround, but I'm stumped. Thanks

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 10 Nov, 2019 07:50 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I assume you mean you have created two independent data sets, one for your personal finances and one for Business finances.

Independent is the key thing here there are no linkages between separate data sets. You need to use accounting techniques here to move funds.

In the personal finances data set you would create two new categories say, Money to Business and Money From Business. Likewise in the Business data set Money to Personal, Money from Personal (name them what you like). Now you just have to enter a transaction into each data set using these new categories to indicate the source/destination of the funds.

2. 2 Posted by Laurie Richards on 11 Nov, 2019 05:47 PM

Thank you for answering, that's what I figured. And yes you assumed correctly!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac