updating security quotes

tlist809

17 Jan, 2020 02:31 AM

MoneyDance 2019.4 (1899) running on windows 10. USA resident

had a problem with downloading from bank so upgraded to the latest build, still have that problem (might be at the bank, will wait until tomorrow to see if the nightly bank update fixes it).

But now I can't get my securities to update, seems the update deleted the rhumba (sp) and quote downloader from mike bray. I tried to update the files from Mike Bray but rhumba (sp) generates a message that it is unsupported and only options is to delete the file.

Is there a new quote downloader for this build?

Tim List

1. 1 Posted by tlist809 on 17 Jan, 2020 04:22 AM

I played with it but now I got a warning banner saying that rhumba is unverified and should not be trusted when viewing the summary page.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 17 Jan, 2020 04:29 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: updating security quotes

I'm a fellow user.

Quote Loader will still work on this release.

The message is a general one the Moneydance developer has included for any Extension that he has not signed.

Complaints have been made about this especially by people who want to write and use their own extensions and have no desire to make them public or submit them for approval.

The Moneydance developer has indicated he intends to tone down the message somewhat as he does not want to discourage developers.

The developer of the Quote Loader has said he will work on the extension to make it able to be signed. This will not be an overnight task, it cannot be signed in its current form and the changes are not trivial.

3. 3 Posted by tlist809 on 17 Jan, 2020 01:23 PM

Thank You,'

Tim

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac