Preevent currency rate table being updated by a transaction rate

mike63492

17 Jan, 2020 10:11 AM

I would like to set a standard exchange rate to be used by transactions each month.

If I then do a currency trade, I need to use the actual rate used for the transaction, which is fine, but I do not want the rate used on the transaction to add a new entry in the currency table.

Is there a way to stop the transaction updating the currency table?

1. System closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2020 10:20 AM.

2. mike63492 re-opened this discussion on 16 Oct, 2021 12:42 PM

3. 1 Posted by mike63492 on 16 Oct, 2021 12:42 PM

Hi there
    Havy you considered adding a system option to prevent the currency rate on a specific transaction from updating the currency table?

I operate a system of semi-fixed standard rates which change monthly. If there is a currency exchange transaction or the system has to slighlty change the rate due to rounding on some transactions, a new rate is added to the currency table,. and thes I then need to delete manually.

(I have seen other questsion on this from 2017. By the way, this has nothing to do with automatically updating rates using the Quote update extension, which I do not have installed).

Many thanks

Mike Wilson

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac