Fidelity Investment Direct Connect Downloads

jonathan

21 Jan, 2020 08:03 PM

Hello, I set up a new Fidelity account in 2018. When I put it into Moneydance in 2019, it only downloaded the last 90 days. There are many transactions from 2018 I am hoping to not have to manually enter.

Fidelity says I can still download 24 months of data. I have tried disabling online banking and using a new connection setting up the auto download again. This has not worked. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jonathan
MoneyDance 2019.4 (1899)
Mac Catalina 10.15.2

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 21 Jan, 2020 09:05 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Many institutions only provide the last 30-90 days of data via their Direct Connect system, it allows them to keep the systems relatively small, These systems are independent of the institutions main systems and usually receive just a data feed, often just once a day as part of a processing run. It is also envisaged that customers will update their personal systems frequently.

What the institutions also generally provide is the ability to manually download transactions files from their Web site that cover a greater time frame, and these can be imported into the software. I suspect this is what Fidelity means by you can download 24 months of data. Moneydance can import the common formats like OFX/QFX and QIF. CSV files are usually unsuitable for loading into Investment accounts.

2. 2 Posted by jonathan on 25 Feb, 2020 04:32 PM

Thanks for the update. It is very hard to import the manual downloads from CSV into investment accounts....

Will do the manual transaction by transaction entry.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 25 Feb, 2020 09:30 PM

To get a CSV file that could be converted and imported into investment account would be extremely rare. The data needed is so exact that it would not be something that a financial institution would prepare. The only thing that I have seen that can be used is a CSV file produced by another financial management program and even that needed some work.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac