adminstrative privilages?

Vickie

28 Jan, 2020 08:26 PM

It won't complete download saying I need administrative priviliges. I do have! I am soul user of this pc. set up as administrator.

1. 1 Posted by jeff_l on 29 Jan, 2020 08:50 AM

Hi Vickie,

You don’t give too many clues… What version of MD, what Computer OS?

But from your description it is probably Windows. Also, I imagine what you mean is that the program downloads but will not install.

The first thing to try is to highlight the downloaded .exe file by single left click, then right click the file. On the pop-up menu you should see “Run as Administrator”

If the program really won't complete the download, as you describe, then your web browser or anti virus program is preventing the download & this has nothing to do with MD

Hope this helps!

Jeff (fellow user)

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 29 Jan, 2020 01:29 PM

Hi Vickie,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

I believe you are using a Windows computer, so in order install Moneydance 2019, you need to proceed as follow:

• Download Moneydance 2019.3 (1880) here - select the Windows installer;

• Click on Save File and rename it to Moneydance 2019.3 (1880), to make it more visible;

-Wait for the file to download fully;

• Click on the downward arrow on your Browser to view the download link;
    • double click on the installer to open the file and initiate the installation;
    • In the window that opens, welcome to the Moneydance Setup Wizard you can choose between:
    1. Yes, update the existing installation (this will overwrite any previous version of the software)
    2. No, install into a different directory
    • Click "Next", allow the installation to complete and click "Finish".

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Vickie on 29 Jan, 2020 04:11 PM

Sorry, I have Windows 10. I am using Quicken Home & Business 2017 currently. All I have ever used for many many years. I am hearing lots of negative reviews for 2019-2020 upgrade.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 29 Jan, 2020 05:58 PM

Hi Vickie,
    I think there was a misunderstanding, what I meant was to provide you the steps to install Moneydance 2019 on Windows 10.

Please keep us posted on your progress, Thank you!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac