Graphing expenses

Richard Merritt

01 Jul, 2020 09:08 AM

Hi,
I'd like to graph our expenses with a selected shop over a selected period of time, but do not see an option for this. In other words, can I select say "Tesco" from all accounts over the period 2017 to 2020 and have Moneydance graph those expenses by (say) week or month?
My thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Richard Merritt

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 01 Jul, 2020 10:23 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The Income and Expense graphs are designed around categories, so if Tesco was reflected in the category definitions there would not be a problems as you can select specific categories i.e. Deselect top 10 in the report parameters then select the required categories.

If on the other hand "Tesco" is just some of the text that exists in say the description then you have a problem, the only way I can think of to give the data needed to generate a graph would be to set a tag of "Tesco" on the relevant transactions. and then filter by tag.

2. 2 Posted by Richard Merritt on 01 Jul, 2020 10:33 AM

Hi dwg, and thanks for the reply.

“Tesco” is in the Description (the category being more generic – e.g. ‘Groceries’) but your ‘tag’ idea sounds good – and would not be too hard to automate!

Many thanks.

Richard

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac