unable to add newly created security to an existing investment account

Eric Caverhill

12 May, 2017 10:08 AM

Good afternoon
 When i try and add a newly created security to an existing investment account, the newly created security does not appear in the dropdown list of securities that appears in the Account Info window that opens up when the Add security button is pressed in the securities detail window ( even though the newly created security can be selected in the securities detail window itself.

This means that Moneydance will not let me enter new security investment purchase transactions which is a big problem for me..

Please help

I am using Moneydance v2017.2 (1597) running on a iMac with mac ios sierra 10.12.4

regards

Eric Caverhill

1. 1 Posted by Henry on 12 May, 2017 10:59 AM

Hi Eric,

I have been able to reproduce what you see to better understand the situation.
    Following the steps below allowed me to add the security:
    1. Open the Investment Account.
    2. Add Security.
    3. New Security and fill out the details.
    4. Confirm with OK
    This will add the Security to the specific Investment account.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Eric Caverhill on 12 May, 2017 11:28 AM

Hi Henry

The suggested route works and it also lets me use the new security in other existing investment accounts with no need to also add the new security to that investment account.

However, a few complications

1. The security currency defaults to the base currency that is used, in my case euro. So before entering any transactions using I needed to change the security currency to that required (in my case GBP) using the tools edit securities screen 

2. I cannot delete newly created securities that I have previously created but cannot add to investment accounts and get an error message - cannot remove currency that is being used  when I try to delete the unused security using - Tools, edit securities screen, highlight the duplicated security and press  the – button.  Not sure what I need to do to remove these unneeded duplicate securities.

Thanks for your prompt response

Regards

Eric Caverhill

Reply-To: <[email blocked]>

3. 3 Posted by Henry on 12 May, 2017 01:31 PM

Hi Eric,

Great! We are partially done.

Regarding #1:
    Thank you for pointing that out. Yes that's correct it will always start with the base currency.

Regarding #2:
    You need to find transactions linked to this security and you have to remove them from the account first.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Eric Caverhill on 12 May, 2017 02:33 PM

Hi Henry

Regarding #2:
    There were no transactions recorded, however when I use the investments securities detail screen,   if I use the remove security button and select the duplicated security,  Moneydance  deletes the unneeded security. This solves my problem.

Not sure if there is a problem with how the - Tools, edit securities screen  works.

Regards

Eric Caverhill

E mail: [email blocked]

Cell :+352 621 497 750

Reply-To: <[email blocked]>

5. 5 Posted by Henry on 12 May, 2017 02:52 PM

Hi Eric,

I'm glad that it worked out. I have opened a suggestion ticket about this in our ticketing system, so the developers will be looking into it.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

6. System closed this discussion on 11 Aug, 2017 03:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 May, 2024 07:01 AM
29 May, 2024 06:26 AM
29 May, 2024 12:43 AM