Vanguard Trust Account

makurat

19 Jul, 2015 05:45 PM

I have set up a Trust Account with Vanguard. I have a number of other accounts titled in my name that I update using the online banking. When I try to add online banking to the Trust account, it doesn't show me the account in my list of accounts. Is there a way to get it to show me the Trust account as well as the other accounts?

Thanks,

1. 1 Posted by makurat on 19 Jul, 2015 05:59 PM

I found out why I wasn't seeing the new accounts. I had not entered my password so I only saw the old accounts.

However, all the items in one of the old account were transferred to the Trust account. I thought I could just change the account number using the online setup screens. But when I try to update the account no transactions are found.

Should this work or do I have to create a new Moneydance Account?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 20 Jul, 2015 12:39 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure I entirely follow your latest update. Are you saying that you can download from the account that you want to from Vanguard, but it is going into the incorrect account in Moneydance? If so, it is likely that this is a mapping issue. Your accounts are not mapped properly (in other words, one or more online accounts are pointing to your accounts in Moneydance incorrectly).

To fix this, open the affected account, go to Online -> Set Up Online Banking, and click on the Disable button. Repeat for all other affected accounts. Then you will need to re-enable them one by one using the same menu. Once you have entered your ID and Password for an account, click Ok and wait (do not click next). You need to see a window that will display - Please choose the account you wish to use - which are your accounts listed in a drop down list. If you bypass this window - your Moneydance account will map to the first account on this list. Sometimes you will need to just wait for this window to pop-up as it can take several seconds.

If I've misunderstood what's happening, could you please try to explain it again in a bit more detail?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

3. 3 Posted by makurat on 20 Jul, 2015 08:26 PM

Your email gave me the information I needed. I was not disabling the
    old online account data. I thought I could just change it. When I first
    disable and then set it up again as new it works perfectly.

I hope I get as useful a response from my other request (source of the
    transfer account fo buy/xfr and sell/xfer)!

Thanks.

4. 4 Posted by Scott Meehan on 21 Jul, 2015 05:57 PM

Hi Makurat.

We're happy to help! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

5. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2015 05:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac