Share prices

donaldgorst1

12 Nov, 2018 08:32 AM

When share prices ceased to be downloaded by Google and a new system was started problems related to decimal point happened. I deleted the ticket symbol and entered new prices several times a month.
I gather downloads of prices now works. I have edited two shares inserting a ticket symbol . I am not sure how to proceed with prefix and suffix. It is not the end of the world but would be nice.
Donald

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 12 Nov, 2018 09:13 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I you can post the two ticker symbols you have entered plus the name of the two securities perhaps I can help.

2. 2 Posted by donaldgorst1 on 12 Nov, 2018 12:31 PM

Barc.L and FRCL.l I want the values to be in Sterling thank you.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 12 Nov, 2018 04:41 PM

Hi donaldgorst1

I am running 2017.10(1706).
    I tested your two ticker symbols BARC and FRCL setting the Stock exchange to London Exchange (Pence) using Q & ER v1023.
    It took a very long time to get prices but it does look like they are supported.
    But Q & ER v1023 has some bugs, e.g. as you watch the prices being returned their values are given as £0.00 where in fact values are saved.

If you still have problems there is an alternative.

I am a UK investor and have found that Alpha Vantage provide very poor support for UK/Irish/Luxenberg etc, domiciled funds. I have removed the Q & ER extension as I was also getting inaccurate data messing up the price history for some of the securities it could find data on. A major problem being that on some funds the prices keep switching back and forward between Pence and Pounds
    I am using the free Quote Loader system, a collaboration between the two software developers Mike Bray and hleofxquotes.

It provides an end to end solution, obtaining quotes from a choice of two sources and entering them into the relevant History window, all from a single window within Moneydance. The system can obtain Security prices, Exchange Rates, Market indices, Cryptocurrency Rates and prices for Cryptocurrency Investments. For UK user’s prices are consistent, no switching between Pence and Pounds and back again. It provides quotes for stocks and funds, from many stock exchanges US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia to name but a few. The process of obtaining quotes from the selected source is fast and error free.

The system runs on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.

I tested your two symbols BARC and FRCL, see screen shot. Note for FT use FRCL:LSE not FRCL for Yahoo BARC.L and FRCL.L

See post 165 in this thread.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3771-third-par...

Take a look at his thread and download the PDF in post 165 outlining how to use the system. The PDF contains link to the system elements you will need to download was well as a link to a YouTube tutorial video.

Let us know how this program performs for you and post if you have any problems.

Hope this helps

4. 4 Posted by donaldgorst1 on 12 Nov, 2018 10:45 PM

Hi Derek , It seems the problem I had a couple of years ago with pounds and pence remains. As I only have 10 shares in my portfolio the rest being in funds I will continue to up date manually several times a month. I appreciate your interest.
    Donald

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Nov, 2018 08:09 AM

Hi donaldgorst1

All my 49 securities are funds and all but 2 are supported by Quote Loader. These two I manually enter into the Quote Loader. So it is definably worth trying the Quote Loader, accurate data, saves times, give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Hope this helps.

6. System closed this discussion on 12 Feb, 2019 08:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac