Quote Loader Security/Currency price loader for Moneydance 2019

Mike Bray

30 Dec, 2018 10:22 AM

The Infinite Kind has recently released a new version of Moneydance for testing/preview. It is called Moneydance 2019 and can be found at https://infinitekind.com/preview. It has a number of changes in particular in the storing of Security Prices. In addition the base version of Java used to run Moneydance has been updated from Java 1.8 to Java 11.

With this in mind I have released a new version of the Quote Loader extension. It can be found at https://bitbucket.org/mikerb/moneydance-2019/downloads/.

IMPORTANT Do not run the old versions of Quote Loader with Moneydance 2019. Do not run the new versions with Moneydance 2017.

You can find information about Quote Loader for Moneydance 2017 in this thread http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3771-third-par...

Showing page 6 out of 9. View the first page

1. 151 Posted by derekkent23 on 10 May, 2019 06:24 PM

I am not support staff just a user.
    Hi STO Yahoo

Made a error in last post 150, corrected in this post.

For the set I set up a data set with a base currency of Euro.

The “:EUR” at the end of the ticker symbol is not required but it does no harm.

I think you have the wrong ticker symbol for Morgan Stanley Global Brand Fund see if you can see your fund at
    https://markets.ft.com/data/search?query=Morgan+Stanley+Global+Bran...

Also, you have the wrong symbol for see CARTERA BELLVER SICAV it should be
    ES0116561038
    your using the symbol for Fidelity Fund-Global Financial Services Fund

For the four funds with the correct symbol see screen shot.

Need more help just post.

2. 152 Posted by derekkent23 on 10 May, 2019 08:03 PM

Hi STO Yahoo

Further information that may help

March Cartera Moderada FI symbol ES0123549000
    March Renta Fija Corto Plazo see https://markets.ft.com/data/search?query=March%20Renta%20Fija%20Cor...

Nota Sant Gobain -not found, any more information to define this fund-

Nordea 1 Stable Return Fund see https://markets.ft.com/data/search?query=Nordea%201%20Stable%20Retu...

Robeco QI Global Momentum Equities see https://markets.ft.com/data/search?query=Robeco%20QI%20Global%20Mom...

Let us know how you get on.

3. 153 Posted by STO Yahoo on 11 May, 2019 06:03 PM

Derek, thanks man…funny, I was looking hard at how you managed to get the prices and noticed you had a different version of Quote Loader…researched latest versions for 2019 (which is different from previous version) and it now works . Thanks again

4. 154 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 May, 2019 06:30 PM

Hi STO Yahoo

Great, glad it’s working for you.
    If you had come back and said even with the correct ticker symbols it not working then I would have asked you to post the three build numbers you see at the top of the Quote Loader. They were not visible in the screen shot you posted.
    Hope the ticker symbols I traced helped?
    Did you find a ticker symbol for the one fund I could not identify Nota Sant Gobain?

Have Fun

5. 155 Posted by STO Yahoo on 11 May, 2019 07:03 PM

No, don’t need price as San Global is a derivitive…not quoted, fixed price

6. 156 Posted by alan.bannister on 16 May, 2019 04:58 PM

HI derekkent23
    Just picked up on this conversation. You were kind enough to give me some feedback last year, but unfortunately I didn't spot the reply until today! I must have forgotten to click the subscribe button.
    Sadly I have never had any feedback from Infinite Kind support staff. No idea why as I am using what appears to be standard issue software.
    The latest glitch is that having spent a couple of days clearing up historical quotes and updating other transactions, I find some of my stocks now show in Australian Dollars rather than UK pounds and pence. This has corrupted loads of historical data. As a consequence Mondaydance shows me to be a multi-millionaire - oh that it were true!

I will now follow the documentation you show and see what I can do to recover what is a horrible mess.

7. 157 Posted by derekkent23 on 16 May, 2019 06:12 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Hi alan.bannister

Thing have moved on since your post in February 2018 when you were using 2017.6(1656).
    As you have found this thread you know the Quote Loader is now the way to obtain security prices.
    In your post I not sure if you are asking a question or just making a statement.
    The only way to change the currency that a security price history is stored in is to change the security currency itself. There are a number of ways to do this e.g. TOOLS -SECURITY – highlight subject security and double click and use the Currency dropdown. I have never heard of a case were Moneydance change a security currency by its self.

8. 158 Posted by derekkent23 on 31 May, 2019 11:19 AM

Third-party Quote Loader System 2019 ONLY.

Update. Correct possible issue to auto update of Quotes if computer is left on overnight. Quote Load updated to build 3013.

Existing users click EXTENSIONS – MD EXTENSION INSTALLER and in Quote Loader section “Update”

WARNING only install this extension on Moneydance 2019. Don’t use it on Moneydance 2017 or you could run the risk of corrupting your data set. Upgrading Moneydance 2017 to 2019. Upgrade the Quote Loader using the installer as instructed on page 3 of the PDF, before running the Quote Loader.

For 2017 see this thread https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/3771-thi...

extinstaller.mxt ------ v1.
    The MD Extension Installer will download and install the following Quote Loader elements.
    securityquoteload.mxt ---------2019 build 3013
    rhumba.mxt ----------------------2019 build 1058
    hleOfxQuotes.jar ----------------2019 build 259

PDF “Quote Loader System by Mike Bray and hleofxquotes” remains V7.0. Tutorial Video remains V7.0. PDF “Moneydance Quote Loader System Handling Cryptocurrencies and Market Indices” remains at V2.0

Users must uninstall the Quotes and Rates Updater extension to Prevent Conflicts!!

A collaboration between the two software developers Mike Bray and Hleofxquotes.
    PDF’s and Video by Derek Kent.

The system provides an end to end solution, obtaining quotes from a choice of two sources and entering them into the relevant History window, all from a single window within Moneydance. The system can obtain Security prices, Exchange Rates, Market indices, Cryptocurrency Rates and prices for Cryptocurrency Investments. The system provides quotes from many stock exchanges, US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia to name but a few. The process of obtaining quotes from the selected source is fast and error free.

Download the attached PDF, use the links to download the Quote Loader system elements and follow the instructions on how to use.

The PDF also contains a link to a tutorial on YouTube.

The link provides access to second PDF that covers the creation and importing of Cryptocurrencies and Market Indices into Moneydance.

Please keep this thread to this subject on how to use Quote Loader system.
    Please try this approach and if you find it useful please take the time to post comments and outline any problems you may find.
    Please provide feedback on how well UK, Mainland Europe, USA, Canadian, Australian and other stocks and funds are covered.

Acknowledgement to Kevin N and dwg for their support during development.

To receive email notification to updates on this thread, click the SUBSCRIBE button in the box at the top right of the forum page.

Hope this helps.

ALWAYS CHECK TO SEE IF THERE IS A NEW PDF IN A LATER POST!

9. 159 Posted by pfkalina on 03 Jun, 2019 09:46 PM

Very grateful for the new Quote Loader extension. It's nice to see those prices load so quickly!
    I had not used MD since 5/19 and was trying to get my security prices updated to the end of the month (May 31). I got today's prices, but no history. Is that possible, even if I need to do it manually, i.e. one day at a time?

Thanks again to Mike Bray and all involved.

10. 160 Posted by derekkent23 on 04 Jun, 2019 08:33 AM

Quote Loader can only provide the latest prices from the sources, these is no way to get prices for older dates.
    If your securities are supported by IEX or Alpha Vantage you can use Moneydances Quote and exchange rate updater to import older prices and then move back to Quote Loader.

If your securities are not supported by Quote and exchange rate updater but are supported by Yahoo then use the link in the Quote Loader PDF to get to the Yahoo web site. Look up your price for the first of your securities. Then click on the historical data tab. You can now set up a date range and download prices in a CSV file format. Once you have prices for all your securities combine them into a single CSV file and import them into Moneydance using Mike Brays Security History Loader. Always take an EXPORT BACKUP first.
    If this is to complex you could use the Security Price Entry extension to enter prices manually.

Hope this helps.

11. 161 Posted by pfkalina on 04 Jun, 2019 12:58 PM

Sent from my iPhone

12. 162 Posted by derekkent23 on 04 Jun, 2019 01:11 PM

Hi pfkalina

No content to your last post!

13. 163 Posted by pfkalina on 04 Jun, 2019 05:13 PM

Thanks for the helpful reply. After I posted this question I found that Alpha Vantage did get the history when I ran the older extension from my laptop. So I’m okay for now. Derek, you should be compensated for all the assistance you give on this forum! Thanks again

14. 164 Posted by TWD on 08 Jun, 2019 11:35 PM

Hi all. Not sure if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong, but I'm having some trouble with the Yahoo HD source. QL is reading the trade currency as GBX when it should be GBP. For this particular security, the result is a price of 0.0187 instead of 1.87. Is there a way to resolve this? Many thanks.

15. 165 Posted by derekkent23 on 09 Jun, 2019 06:26 AM

I am not support staff, just a user
    Hi TWD

Can you provide the ticker symbol that is giving this issue and I will test.

16. 166 Posted by TWD on 09 Jun, 2019 09:51 AM

Hi Derek
    Thanks for your help. The ticker is 0P0000WN82.L. It works well enough with FT as the source, but this only gave a GBP value to 2 decimal places, so I tried Yahoo HD to try and achieve greater accuracy. Yahoo HD gives the full number of decimal places, but as mentioned seems to confuse GBX and GBP. I wonder if the problem is that the delayed price on Yahoo Finance is given in GBX (i.e. the quote that is returned if Yahoo is used as the source), but the the close price is given in GBP.

17. 167 Posted by derekkent23 on 09 Jun, 2019 01:57 PM

I am not support staff, just a user
    Hi TWD

The problem seems to be with the data Yahoo HD is returning for 0P0000WN82.L that is HSBC Global Strategy Balanced Portfolio Accumulation C.
    The raw data returned by Yahoo HD is 0P0000WN82.L, 1.871709942817688, GBX, 20190607, 0
    Indicating that the price is in GBX when in fact the value is in GBP. An error on there part.

Not a lot Quote Loader can do about that as it acks on the data sent by the source.

When tested the source Yahoo is returning a price for 30/5/2019 and thus is somewhat out of date.

For this security I would advise using FT as the source. The more commonly recognised symbol for this security seems to be GB00B76WP695. Morningstar return the same up to date price as FT for GB00B76WP695

Hope this helps.

18. 168 Posted by red on 21 Jun, 2019 07:09 PM

Is it just me? I think MD updated the other day to 2019.3 (back from holiday so just clicked the update button!)... .since then I am not getting any updates for Stocks (shares are OK) via FT in the Quote Loader. Nothing since 18th June.

19. 169 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Jun, 2019 07:51 PM

Think its just you, Quote Loader is working fine.

Can you post a screen shot of Quote Loader so I can check you are running the correct builds of the 3 elements, As attached screen shot.

20. 170 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Jun, 2019 07:54 PM

Can you also give say two examples of Tickers and there security names that are you are having problems with

21. 171 Posted by RAL on 21 Jun, 2019 11:38 PM

Hi red,

No it's not just you. The same happened to me - the last prices download was also 18 June 2019. I also have some currencies, but they have continued to download every day. I have since updated MD and Quote Loader, to see if that fixed the problem but no joy.

22. 172 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Jun, 2019 06:33 AM

Hi RAL

Can I ask you, as I did red, to provide say two examples of Tickers and there security names that are you are having problems with, I will test.

23. 173 Posted by Mike Bray on 22 Jun, 2019 06:47 AM

I have just loaded build 1881 and QL ran correctly. Most of the dates are 18/6/19. This is because ft.com has that date, so QL is running correctly ft.com seems to be behind on its prices. A few of my securities have dates of 21/6, even 1 has a date of 22/6.

To test QL please run it manually and you will see if it is broken or it is ft.com.

24. 174 Posted by RAL on 22 Jun, 2019 11:07 AM

Hi derekkent23,

I do not currently have any shares, just funds. Here are two examples, as requested:

HL MULTI-MANAGER INCOME & GROWTH TRUST CLASS A - ACCUMULATION (GBP), Ticker: GB0032033127

FIRST STATE ASIA FOCUS CLASS B - ACCUMULATION (GBP), Ticker: GB00BWNGXJ86

25. 175 Posted by RAL on 22 Jun, 2019 11:24 AM

Hi Mike Bray,
    Thanks for your interest. I'm not sure what you mean by "run it manually". If you mean clicking the "Get Prices" button at the bottom of Quote Loader, then yes, I've done this several times i the last 3 or 4 days. Each time I do it the "New Price", "Trade date", and "Trade currency" columns fill with values (and go green), but all the fund prices have been the same since 18 June 2019..

I also have six currency rates which have been updating correctly each day and are currently showing 21 June 2019.

I did suspect the problem may be with FT.com but I don't know how to check.

26. 176 Posted by Mike Bray on 22 Jun, 2019 11:28 AM

Ral
    What you are doing is what I call 'Run Manually'.

On ft.com HL MULTI-MANAGER INCOME & GROWTH TRUST CLASS A - ACCUMULATION (GBP),
    has a price of 188.20GBX with a date of 18/9/19, which is what is returned by QL.

To check it use this link https://markets.ft.com/data/funds/tearsheet/summary?s=GB0032033127:GBX

Regards
    mike

27. 177 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Jun, 2019 12:34 PM

Hi RAL

In parallel with Mike I checked both your funds on the FT site. On the site both funds have the date of the 18th. Looks like FT for some reason have not updated some of their fund prices, so it a FT issue. Quote Loader can only pass on the prices FT quotes. Let’s hope FT sort themselves out and they again start to report up to date prices.

28. 178 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Jun, 2019 12:41 PM

Third-party Quote Loader System 2019 ONLY.

Update. Improve the way Security Prices are saved to Moneydance to negate rounding errors due to the way Moneydance stores values. Quote Load updated to build 3014.

Existing users click EXTENSIONS – MD EXTENSION INSTALLER and in Quote Loader section “Update”

WARNING only install this extension on Moneydance 2019. Don’t use it on Moneydance 2017 or you could run the risk of corrupting your data set. Upgrading Moneydance 2017 to 2019. Upgrade the Quote Loader using the installer as instructed on page 3 of the PDF, before running the Quote Loader.

For 2017 see this thread https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/3771-thi...

extinstaller.mxt ------ v1.
    The MD Extension Installer will download and install the following Quote Loader elements.
    securityquoteload.mxt ---------2019 build 3014
    rhumba.mxt ----------------------2019 build 1058
    hleOfxQuotes.jar ----------------2019 build 259

PDF “Quote Loader System by Mike Bray and hleofxquotes” remains V7.0. Tutorial Video remains V7.0. PDF “Moneydance Quote Loader System Handling Cryptocurrencies and Market Indices” remains at V2.0

Users must uninstall the Quotes and Rates Updater extension to Prevent Conflicts!!

A collaboration between the two software developers Mike Bray and Hleofxquotes.
    PDF’s and Video by Derek Kent.

The system provides an end to end solution, obtaining quotes from a choice of two sources and entering them into the relevant History window, all from a single window within Moneydance. The system can obtain Security prices, Exchange Rates, Market indices, Cryptocurrency Rates and prices for Cryptocurrency Investments. The system provides quotes from many stock exchanges, US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia to name but a few. The process of obtaining quotes from the selected source is fast and error free.

Download the attached PDF, use the links to download the MB Extension Installer (extinstaller.mxt) and follow the instructions on how to use.

The PDF also contains a link to a tutorial on YouTube.

The link provides access to second PDF that covers the creation and importing of Cryptocurrencies and Market Indices into Moneydance.

Please keep this thread to this subject on how to use Quote Loader system.
    Please try this approach and if you find it useful please take the time to post comments and outline any problems you may find.
    Please provide feedback on how well UK, Mainland Europe, USA, Canadian, Australian and other stocks and funds are covered.

Acknowledgement to Kevin N and dwg for their support during development.

To receive email notification to updates on this thread, click the SUBSCRIBE button in the box at the top right of the forum page.

Hope this helps.

ALWAYS CHECK TO SEE IF THERE IS A NEW PDF IN A LATER POST!

29. 179 Posted by RAL on 22 Jun, 2019 02:52 PM

Thanks Mike and Derek,
    I've always found FT.com to be very reliable. Let's hope it's only a minor blip!

Kind regards
    Richard

30. 180 Posted by red on 22 Jun, 2019 09:32 PM

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, but thanks Mike & Derek (and RAL for posting same issue). I'll give it a week and revisit! :)

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac