The new Quote Loader

Mike Bray

01 Feb, 2020 07:22 AM

TIK has improved the security on the use of unsigned extensions. This is in build 1899 which is still in preview mode. Once it is released for general use you will see a warning message on the summary screen if you are using unverified extensions. This included all of my extensions. I have worked with TIK to get my extensions verified which includes Quote Loader. These are now available on my repository in https://bitbucket.org/mikerb/moneydance-2019/downloads/.

To verify an extension I have had to make my source code available to TIK. The author of the back end of Quote Loader (hleofxquotes) was not prepared to do this and thus I have redesigned Quote Loader to be standalone. I would like to thank hleofxquotes for his work and help in making Quote Loader an extension of choice.

I have asked TIK to add Quote Loader to the list of available extensions. This is being considered.

DerekKent23 has written/updated a PDF on how to install and set up Quote Loader. This is accompanied by a couple of videos. These assume Quote Loader has been added to the list of available extensions. Before that list is updated please download the file securityquoteload.mxt from my repository (https://bitbucket.org/mikerb/moneydance-2019/downloads/) and add it using the MD Extensions/Manage Extensions/Add from File. The updated PDF will be available shortly.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON MY WIKI (https://bitbucket.org/mikerb/moneydance-2019/wiki/Home) ABOUT UPGRADING FROM THE OLD VERSION OF QUOTE LOADER. YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE RHUMBA EXTENSION.

Showing page 6 out of 6. View the first page

1. 150 Posted by derekkent23 on 16 Apr, 2021 07:36 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Quote Loader is a third-party extension that has been reviewed and signed by Infinite Kind (Moneydance).

For Moneydance 2019-2020-2021 latest Quote Loader build is 3034.

UPDATE • The source Yahoo HD now provides Historical Price Highs and Lows for Stocks the results of which can be found in the associated Security History window.

EXISTING USERS using Quote Loader with a build number lower than 3021 should REMOVE (uninstall) all Extensions under EXTENSIONS – MB EXTENSION INSTALLER, lastly removing (uninstalling) MB EXTENSION INSTALLER itself by using the REMOVE buttons.
    The background folder “.rhumba” is redundant, expert user can if they so wish delete the “.rhumba” folder with Moneydance closed. On installing the latest Quote Loader a new replacement folder “.qlmeta” is created. MB Extension Installer is no longer required to install Quote Loader.

As a signed extension Quote Loader can be found under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSIONS.
    Simply click EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSIONS – AVAILABLE tab, find Quote Loader and click install or update.
    Once installed re-start Moneydance - installation complete.

Quote Loader was developed and is supported by Mike Bray.

PDF’s and Video by Derek Kent.

The system provides an end to end solution, obtaining quotes from a choice of sources and entering them into the relevant Currency/Security History window, all from a single window within Moneydance. The system can obtain Security Prices, Exchange Rates, Market Indices, Cryptocurrency Rates and prices for Cryptocurrency Investments. The system provides quotes from many stock exchanges, US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia to name but a few. The process of obtaining quotes from the selected source is fast and error free.

Download the attached PDF, follow the instructions on how to use Quote Loader.
    The PDF also contains links to a Quick Start Video Guide, a Short Tutorial Video and a Full Tutorial Video, all on YouTube.

The second PDF covers the creation and importing of Cryptocurrencies and Market Indices into Moneydance.

Acknowledgement to Kevin N and dwg for their support during development.
    Please keep this thread to this subject on how to use Quote Loader.
    Please try this approach and if you find it useful please take the time to post comments and outline any problems you may find.
    To receive email notification to updates on this thread, click the SUBSCRIBE button in the box at the top right of the forum page.

Hope this helps.

ALWAYS CHECK TO SEE IF THERE IS A NEW PDF IN A LATER POST!

2. 151 Posted by derekkent23 on 16 Apr, 2021 07:39 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Note at time of post the message relating to Quote Loader build under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSIONS is misleading. To install build 3034 click, REMOVE then INSTALL. After install the message is still somewhat misleading but at least Build 3034 is installed.

At some point hopefully the messages will be corrected.

Hope it will help.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac