Getting prices for funds

Ross Addinall

18 Feb, 2020 03:43 PM

Hi,

I am taking a look at MoneyDance as a tool to go to for managing my finances.

I need it to be bale to give me a view of my investments. Many of my investments are in funds, as far as I know funds are tracked by an ISIN number rather than a ticker symbol. I have managed to get e.g. TSLA to work as a stock, but what about things such as this:

GB00B41YBW71
https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/funds/snapshot/snapshot.aspx?id=F00000LK2Q

I'm not sure what to set the Stock Exchange to in order to get the prices.

Also, just as a comment, the download stock price capability does not give much feedback. So. it's difficult to know when it has succeeded. Some indication of progress would be good. If I hit Update Now, I don't see anything happen. Sometimes I see the word downloading appear in the Stock Exchange field, but not always.

Thanks,

Ross

1. 1 Posted by Ross Addinall on 18 Feb, 2020 03:57 PM

I just looked at one of the related questions and I see that everything comes from Yahoo finance.

So, I pasted GB00B41YBW71 into the Yahoo search and it found the fund, but it has it labelled as: 0P0000RU81.L

The article I saw mentioned needing to add a suffix, so I guess that the .L indicates this is London. I notice that the tool strips the .L and sets the exchange to be London.

However, I still don't get a price. I do sometimes see a message saying something like "Unable the convert 5 from USD"

Thanks for any help.

Ross

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 18 Feb, 2020 06:37 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Ross

Try the extension Quote Loader under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSION. Both of the sources in the Quote Loader have good coverage of worldwide securities.
    I tested your security GB00B41YBW71 and FT provides a up to date price. The Price Yahoo provides is out of date.

For information see post 1 at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF attached to posts 1 and have a read.
    To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac