How do I undo changes to an account?

bluesinbflat

22 Mar, 2020 05:29 PM

I recently moved an investment account to a new broker. I went in and changed the account information (Edit Account), but I've decided that it would be cleaner for me to retain the old account and its information, create a new account with the new broker, and zero out the old account and transfer the money to the new account.

The problem is that I made the changes to the old account to reflect the new one (Account Name, Bank, opening balance, etc.). How do I get all of that information put back?

Thank you. (I'm running MoneyDance 2019.3 on a MBP.)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 22 Mar, 2020 09:27 PM

Hello,

There's no way to undo changes to those fields, as they're written to the data file immediately. It would probably be easiest to just reenter the previous information in the Edit Account window. The only other option I can think of is to restore a backup of your data file, but you'll also lose all of the other changes you have made since the backup was created if you go that route.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac