Unable to import security prices

faye.connors

28 May, 2020 05:27 AM

I have been unable to update my security prices. The message I get for all stocks is "Unable to get rate for (Coy) to AUD"

I used alphadvantage. I've update to latest version 2019.3. It's always been slow updating, but now all stocks return same message.
My workaround has been to download from yahoo, stock by stock then upload. I have tried quote loader but thought I should get to the bottom of why this extension isn't working.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 28 May, 2020 06:19 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Faye

You are the second user to report that Alpha Vantage has stopped supported or has a temporary problems with securities traded on the Australian stock exchange.

See https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/5169-quo...

Unless things change the best option is to use Quote Loader.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by faye.connors on 28 May, 2020 06:58 AM

Thanks, Derek, Do you know if you have the Quoteloader set to run daily & you don't turn on your machine for a few days. Will it keep all runs or only that day you turn back on?

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 28 May, 2020 08:33 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Quote Loader can only obtain prices for the current day, there is no ability to get historical data at this time.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 28 May, 2020 08:35 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Faye

If you set up run daily but turn your computer off or let it sleep were no applications can run then no, Quote Loader can’t download data at the set time. All it can do when you turn on your computer and Moneydance is do an automatic Get Prices of the current quotes without the need to open Quote Loader.

By the way as Alpha Vantage is offering a free service, I am not sure if Moneydance can do anything.

Some user who cannot do a manual Quote Loader run every day, set up auto run, Quote Loader window closed, Moneydance running and just leave their computer on.

Only automatic solution I can see at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac