stock price reverting to 0.00

gbarnes12

10 Dec, 2020 05:01 PM

For the most part the stock price extensions are working fine. I have the newest version of Moneydance and all extensions updated. However, 1 stock price, and always the same one, continues to revert to 0.00 after closing Moneydance and reopening. I can set the price manually, but when I close Moneydance and reopen it is back to 0.00 or just a $0.XX (a few cents).

I have tried uninstalling the extensions and reinstalling them. But sooner or later this1 particular security price continues to show up as $0.00

1. 1 Posted by Ben on 12 Dec, 2020 01:01 PM

As none of our fellow users have popped up to say they recognise this as a general problem, you may need to be more specific. For example
    - which stock price extensions are you using?
    - which stock is this and what's its ticker symbol?
    First though, you say "the stock price extensions" plural, which makes me think you might be using both Quote Loader and Quotes and Exchange Rates Updater. If so, have you tried only using one?

2. 2 Posted by Ben on 12 Dec, 2020 02:15 PM

One more thought - are you syncing with Moneydance on another computer?

3. 3 Posted by gbarnes12 on 12 Dec, 2020 04:31 PM

Ben, thanks for the reply. Since my original post, I have been playing around with the available securities extensions. For now, it seems that the Quotes and Exchange rates extension put out by Infinite Kind is behaving with that particular stock. However, I do not know in such a short period of time if this extension is updating any security. In the bottom center margin of the MoneyDance window it keeps flashing periodically different securities I have and the current price as $0.00. But at least it is not changing the actual values of the securities I have in the accounts section.

In the options for this extension I have the Securities Price source placed on IEX rather than Alphavantage. Not sure which is better. Still reading various posts here in the forums to educate myself more.

4. 4 Posted by gbarnes12 on 12 Dec, 2020 04:32 PM

Oh yes, I am not synching Moneydance with anything else.

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 12 Dec, 2020 05:37 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Gregory

There are two methods within Moneydance for obtaining security prices and exchange rates automatically.

The extension “Quote and Exchange Rate Updater” found under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSIONS. Check you are running the latest build v1024. For exchange rates use the source European Central Bank. Alpha Vantage covers the US as well as some securities outside the US, but is very, very slow. It’s my understanding that the source IEX Trading no longer works.

If the Quote and exchange rate updater does not work well for you try the extension Quote Loader under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSION

For information see post 106 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF attached to posts 106 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

6. Melissa closed this discussion on 28 Jan, 2021 10:55 PM.

7. gbarnes12 re-opened this discussion on 08 Mar, 2021 05:26 PM

8. 6 Posted by gbarnes12 on 08 Mar, 2021 05:26 PM

I want to thank each of you for the help. It seems to me that there was a glitch caused by using more than 1 stock quote extension at the same time. I deleted all stock quote extensions, closed MD. Restarted MD, downloaded and installed 1 stockquote extension (quotes and exchange rates updater ver. 1024) and ever since have not had an issue with the problematic stock that I had before.

Thanks again to all that contributed!

9. Melissa closed this discussion on 09 Mar, 2021 06:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac