Div vs. reinvest div

jer

14 Mar, 2021 08:40 PM

I have two brokerage accounts. In one if money market account has dividend it shows in register as dividend going to cash. In the other the money market account is shown as reinvested in itself with no affect on cash. I can see no difference in selections I have made to categorize these accounts or securities. Is this a difference in how the brokerages report via the OFX protocol, or is there something I can do about it? I prefer MMF dividends show as accumulation to cash as I can use value for reconciling account. If cash is always zero it doesn't help reconciliation.

1. 1 Posted by jer on 14 Mar, 2021 08:45 PM

Forgot to say - updates via direct connect.
    Also PC, Windows 10 version 2020.2 (1929)

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 14 Mar, 2021 08:52 PM

I'm a fellow user.

It's mostly likely that the brokerages are presenting the transactions in different ways i.e. a Div vs a DivReinv. There are no settings in Moneydance that I know of that could affect this.

3. 3 Posted by jer on 14 Mar, 2021 09:18 PM

Thank you. I suspect you are right, but will leave open for a week or so to see if anyone has additional insight.
    I have asked for other enhancements in the past to help with reconciling investment accounts. I will take a look at latest version to see if any were taken. With current version every transaction requires manual compare, or a by security compare of resulting share quantity. I find I am sufficiently assured if the cash account reconciles if it has a non-zero value.

4. System closed this discussion on 13 Jun, 2021 09:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac