How to reset Lot Matching?

harold

20 Mar, 2021 03:31 PM

I had previously completed lot matching of a security that I no longer own. After reconciling the account I added several dividend reinvestment transactions that were missing. Now I get "You have allocated an incorrect number of shares" when I open any transaction of that security. Previously I could reset the lot matching by switching it back to the average cost method but now the Shares Allotted column retains the previous values. I have also tried to manually zeroing out all values in the Shares Allotted, but I cannot save the change. Some of sales lots have incorrect values in Shares Remaining that cannot be resolved systematically.

I finally managed to resolve the error message by randomly zeroing out all Allotted Share values in several passes resulting in negative share values in the Shares Allotted column. Now the Shares Remaining of all sales lots have all a zero value again. I have to repeat this process with another stock and would like to know how to reset the lot matching. I am on preview 3056. Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Mar, 2021 04:02 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Toolbox has an option to do this. Advanced mode. Currency and security tools menu.

2. 2 Posted by harold on 20 Mar, 2021 05:20 PM

Hi Stuart, is the MD preview 3056 compatible with Toolbox 1027?

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Mar, 2021 06:01 PM

That’s an interesting question. Just about. But pls download the version from my site that I uploaded today (unsigned version)

4. 4 Posted by harold on 20 Mar, 2021 06:05 PM

I can wait and work on other things if you need to test more

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Mar, 2021 06:19 PM

I don’t need to test… The database format is the same… If the version you have runs, then it’s fine…

6. 6 Posted by harold on 20 Mar, 2021 10:26 PM

It worked beautifully!
    The one stock that I previously tried to fix by zeroing out the lot values manually: can I assume that if there is no error message and all shares are allotted without any remaining shares that it is fixed, or should I reset it to average cost method so that I can run your script on it? I really butchered it trying to make it work:)
    The manual lot matching seems to work until you enter one wrong value, everything afterwards is corrupted. Your tool is really essential! Thanks

7. 7 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Mar, 2021 04:55 AM

🧰 😃 +1 (sorry, I don’t really understand your question).

8. 8 Posted by harold on 21 Mar, 2021 12:39 PM

I was wondering if I should run the Lot Matching Fix on the stock whose lots I manually matched. They were initially mismatched and then after a lot of trial and error changes eventually the error message disappeared and there were no remaining shares to be allotted. After seeing the report from your script showing that each change of share allotment is added to the record I can't imagine that they are properly matched.

9. 9 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Mar, 2021 12:40 PM

1. The fix is harmless. It’s a clean and nice reset. So if you’re not sure, then yes run it. You could even try the auto match option.

2. Latest 1030 build available (unsigned) on my site today.

10. System closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2021 12:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac